Doubletree Cleveland – Tudor Arms Hotel
We’re happy to welcome one of Cleveland’s newest (and oldest) hotels to town, The DoubleTree by Hilton – The Tudor Arms.
When most would have torn the worn-out building down to start anew, Cleveland resurrected an architectural gem. Designed by Cleveland architect Frank Mead and built in 1931, the opulent building originally housed the Cleveland Club, a private men’s athletic club. By nature, the building housed pools, racket ball courts and other means for entertainment. After a top-notch restoration, these luxurious amenities meant originally for Cleveland’s most powerful now serve hotel guests.
In 1939 the men’s club was turned into a hotel and in the 1960’s the hotel was purchased by Case Western Reserve University and became dorm rooms for college students. The building would sit empty for many years before Case eventually sold it to MRN, a local development group best known for its creation of the E. 4th Entertainment District. In a time of economic hardship, MRN found a way to restore the Tudor Arms to its original splendor.
Upon arrival, visitors can almost hear the celebrations from years past. Major business decisions happened here, our grandparents got married here and many earned a world-class college degree while living within the walls of the Tudor Arms Hotel. And now it’s time to add another chapter to the books.
Whether you’re visiting Cleveland from afar or you’re a local in need of a night to yourself, the Tudor Arms is an excellent choice.
DoubleTree by Hilton – The Tudor Arms Hotel is located at 10660 Carnegie Avenue near downtown and University Circle. For more information and to book your stay click here and to start planning your trip to Cleveland visit www.positivelycleveland.com.
– Freddie Coffey + Corinne Allie
About PositivelyClevelandPositively Cleveland is the destination marketing organization that has been promoting business and leisure tourism to Cleveland for more than 75 years.
Subscribe by Email
- Celebrate Earth Day @Lake_Metroparks Penitentiary Glen Reservation this Sunday noon-4pm ow.ly/w8bj8 7 hours ago
- Happy hiking! The #Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve + more urban trails: ow.ly/w89RJ #ThisisCLE 7 hours ago
- Dinofest is this weekend @goCMNH ow.ly/w88uT #ThisisCLE 8 hours ago
- Moms are #free May 11 @stanhywet #MothersDay http://t.co/AVhQamzcCZ 8 hours ago
- Common Ground: The Music Festival Experience opens tomorrow at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum ow.ly/w84W7 #ThisisCLE 8 hours ago