Coming Soon: The 34th Cleveland International Film Festival
The 34th Cleveland International Film Fest is quickly approaching (March 18-28 at Tower City Cinemas), so make sure you’re ready. Tickets go on sale to CIFF Members February 26 at 11am and to the general public on March 5 at 11am.Here are some tips to help you make the most of one of Cleveland’s most popular events of the year:
1) Buy your tickets in advance. Movies that have a buzz fill up fast and standby is not a guarantee.
2) Pick up the daily guides. They keep you in the loop about schedule changes, director sightings and more.
3) Use your discounts. CIFF ticket buyers and passholders are entitled to discounts at restaurants, pubs, stores and theaters in Cleveland. You’re going to need to get out of the dark eventually, why not save 15% or get a free appetizer while you’re at it?
4) If you get popcorn, go big. While it’s $10.50 for a large pop (yep, we say pop in Cleveland . . . get over it) and a popcorn, it’s refillable. If you’re in it for the long haul, chances are, you’ll go through a couple of buckets in a day.
5) Download the CIFF iPhone app on February 15 for easy access to 2010 film details, images, trailers and up-to-the-minute screening information in real-time along with theater contact information and maps.
Some other film festival resources you may find helpful:
- To read more about what to expect click here and read about a Cleveland moviegoer’s experience at last year’s festival.
- Continue checking the Cleveland Film Society’s website and follow @CIFF on Twitter for daily updates.
- If you’re traveling to Cleveland for the film fest visit www.positivelycleveland.com for all your planning needs and information about other things going on in Cleveland Plus that week.
- Have questions about accommodations, dining or entertainment in Cleveland? Contact the Cleveland Plus Visitors Center at 216.875.6680 or email@example.com to get them answered.
–Submitted by CA